- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
The ECAT test consists of four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. It is designed to assess the aptitude of candidates for engineering and computer science programs and to ensure that only those students who have the necessary skills and abilities are admitted to these programs.
The ECAT test is held annually in the month of July and August. It is conducted in various cities across Pakistan, including Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, and Peshawar. To apply for the ECAT test, candidates must have completed their Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or an equivalent qualification with a minimum of 60% marks in pre-engineering or computer science subjects.
In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of students applying for engineering and computer science programs in Pakistan. This is due in part to the growing demand for qualified engineers and computer scientists in the country, as well as the increasing importance of technology in the global economy. As a result, the ECAT test has become increasingly competitive, with many students putting in a lot of effort to prepare for the exam. We provide complete each and every detail below. Download UET ECAT Roll No Slip Download Online 2023 Admit Card here.
What Is ECAT In Pakistan? ECAT Test Complete Guide 2023
Why ECAT is necessary?
ECAT is essential for all FSc students because it is the only way to enter a government university. Without passing it, you won’t be admitted into government universities.
For admission to public and private engineering colleges and universities in Pakistan, the Engineering College Entrance Test (ECAT), is required.
ECAT is the best test tool for engineering students in Pakistan. He also passed the ECAT exam with high marks. ECAT must be passed by all candidates who want to gain admission into engineering colleges or universities. The ECAT syllabus includes four subjects: F.Sc/H.sc pre-engineering or equivalent level mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and English.
Overall, the ECAT test is a crucial component of the engineering and computer science admissions process in Pakistan. It helps to ensure that only the most qualified and capable students are admitted to these programs, and it is a key factor in determining the success of students in their studies and in their future careers.
ECAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
The intermediate exam or FSc classes have been completed and students are searching to embark on their next educational journey. On this page, we’re inviting students to apply for admission into engineering colleges in 2023. All students looking to begin their education with engineering are advised that they need to take the entrance test, engineering colleges admissions test ECAT in order to be admitted into any engineering universities and colleges.
What are ECAT Test Subjects with Combinations?
There are a few guidelines to follow when appearing for the ECAT admission 2023 which are in the following order:
It is expected that the ECAT Test would be of intermediate level, which means FSc, ICS, and ICom students can apply easily. The test will be available in the following ways:
- Physics, Mathematics, English & Chemistry
- Physics, Mathematics, English & Computer Science
- Physics, Mathematics, English & Statistics
- Science, Chemistry, English, and Biology.
- Candidates who are Intermediate-qualified are advised to select an appropriate combination of subjects based on the intermediate subjects as described above.
- DAE-certified candidates can select from one of the combinations below:
|Option 1||Option 2|
- Students have scored 60 percent marks in their Intermediate exams.
- Students have earned at least a 2.5 CGPA in the semester system
- 50 percent marks have been earned for marks that are aggregated and were calculated according to the Merit calculation formula.
- Importance of the ECAT Exam
University of Engineering and Technology is the institution that conducts the ECAT exam each year to evaluate the academic abilities of students. Based on these academic standards, students are granted admission to engineering schools and universities.
There are many engineering faculties in existence at present and for all departments, an entrance exam is held at the level of the college. If students take the ECAT in the shortest timeframe of two weeks, they will be provided with ECAT results in 2023. In conjunction with the ECAT result, students will be screened to be considered for admission.
Selection Criteria For ECAT
Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) or Sports & Hafize Quran Obtained = 70 percent marks
In the Entry Test Obtained = 30 percent marks
ECAT Exam Pattern 2023
The Engineering College Admission Test (ECAT) in Pakistan is a multiple-choice exam that consists of four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
|ECAT Subjects||Total MCQs||Marks|
The total time for this examination is 100 minutes. The ECAT test consists of a total of 100 questions. Each question has four options, and candidates must select the correct answer. The test is graded on a scale of 0 to 1000, with each correct answer worth 5 marks and each incorrect answer resulting in a deduction of one mark.
It means that if a candidate has 40 correct answers, 40 wrong answers, and 20 blank answers then marks will be as follows: 40 x 4 + 40 x (-1) + 20 x (0) = 160 – 40 + 0= 120
The ECAT test is designed to assess the aptitude of candidates for engineering and computer science programs. It covers the key concepts and principles in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English that are necessary for success in these fields.
Overall, the ECAT exam is a comprehensive assessment of a candidate’s skills and abilities for engineering and computer science studies. It is an important factor in determining a candidate’s eligibility for admission to these programs in Pakistan.
Which Universities accept ECAT in Pakistan
All public universities of Punjab accept the ECAT administered by UET Lahore.
- University of Punjab
- Government College University
- The University of Education.
- University of Engineering & Technology.
- Lahore College for Women’s University
- Information Technology University of Punjab
- The University of Home Economics Lahore.
- All universities in the public sector
- ECAT is also accepted by many private universities.
Documents required for ECAT Registration and Admission
- A copy of the Domicile Certificate
- A copy of CNIC or B-form
- Copy of the Matriculation degree or any other comparable program
- Results card for recent degrees, such as Intermediate ( F.Sc or ICS) Associate Degree (DAE) or bachelors (B.Sc B.Sc. / B.Tech)
- A statement of entry to CIE
- Students are required to complete the applications online using the steps outlined below.
- Fill entry test application online at https://admission.uet.edu.pk/Modules/EntryTest/Default.aspx with the token serial number & token number
- Then, select the combination you would like to have of subjects.
- Upload the latest passport-sized image with a white background
- Select the test center as well as the session timing slot closest to you.
- In the final stage, an admission card will be issued that you can download or save for later use.
How to do Online ECAT Registration
To register for the Engineering College Admission Test (ECAT) online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore, which is responsible for administering the ECAT test on behalf of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
- On the homepage, click on the “ECAT” tab.
- On the ECAT page, click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Fill out the online registration form with your personal and educational information. This includes your name, date of birth, contact details, and educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of your Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or an equivalent qualification.
- Select your preferred test center and test date.
- Click on “Generate Challan”
- Pay the registration fee using a credit card or bank draft.
- Review and submit your application.
Once your application has been processed and accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions on how to prepare for the ECAT test. It is important to carefully read and follow these instructions to ensure that you are fully prepared for the exam.
Best Books for ECAT Test Preparation
The ECAT (Engineering College Admission Test) is a challenging exam that requires thorough preparation. Here are some of the best books to help you ace the ECAT:
- ECAT Test Prep Dogar Books: This comprehensive guide covers all of the subjects on the ECAT, including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English. It also includes practice questions and solutions, as well as past ECAT papers.
- ECAT Past Papers: This book contains a collection of previous years’ ECAT papers, which can be used to get familiar with the test format and to practice answering questions.
- Stars ACADEMY ECAT Practice books: These books provide practice questions and solutions for all of the subjects on the ECAT. They are a great way to test your knowledge and to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Kips ECAT Preparation book: This book is a comprehensive guide to the ECAT, covering all of the subjects and providing practice questions and solutions. It also includes a diagnostic test to help you assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Step BY Punjab Group ECAT books: These books are a great value for money, providing comprehensive coverage of the ECAT subjects at a low price. They also include practice questions and solutions.
- Smart Brain ECAT Test Book: This book is a concise guide to the ECAT, covering all of the subjects in a clear and concise manner. It also includes practice questions and solutions.
- NUST ECAT Test Book: This book is specifically designed for students who want to study at NUST. It covers all of the subjects on the NUST ECAT, as well as providing practice questions and solutions.
In addition to these books, you may also want to consider subject-specific books for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English. Here are some recommendations:
- Punjab Textbook Board (PTB) Mathematics for FSc Part 1 & Part 2
- Higher Secondary Mathematics by Professor Mushtaq Ahmad
- A Textbook of Mathematics (1st Year) by Dr. M. Amin Chaudhry
- A Textbook of Mathematics (2nd Year) by Dr. M. Amin Chaudhry
- Punjab Textbook Board (PTB) Physics for FSc Part 1 & Part 2
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2)
- Fundamental of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Punjab Textbook Board (PTB) Chemistry for FSc Part 1 & Part 2
- A Textbook of Inorganic Chemistry by Dr. J.D. Lee
- A Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Paula Yurkanis Bruice
- A Textbook of Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- Punjab Textbook Board (PTB) English for FSc Part 1 & Part 2
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
In addition to books, you can also use online resources and video lectures to supplement your preparation for the ECAT. There are many websites and YouTube channels that offer free or paid resources for ECAT preparation.
Finally, it is important to create a study plan and to stick to it. The ECAT is a challenging exam, but it is definitely possible to pass with hard work and dedication.
How To Prepare For ECAT exam 2023
Preparation for an entrance exam will typically involve reviewing the content that will be covered on the exam, familiarizing yourself with the format and structure of the exam, and possibly working with study materials or taking practice tests to help you prepare. It may also be helpful to review the admission requirements for the program or institution you are interested in attending, as this can give you an idea of the areas of knowledge and skills that the exam is designed to assess.
Q: What is ECAT full form?
A: ECAT stands for Engineering College Admission Test.
Q: What is the application process for ECAT test?
A: To apply for the ECAT test, candidates must visit the official website of the University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore and fill out the online registration form with their personal and educational information. They must also upload a scanned copy of their Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or an equivalent qualification, select their preferred test center and test date, and pay the registration fee.
Q: What are ECAT subjects?
A: Engineering students fall into two groups of ECAT which are the Computer Science group and the Engineering group. This means that the ECAT test for the engineering group is based on four subjects that are important to them: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English, and students taking the ECAT examination for the Computer Science group is based on four subjects, Physics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, and English.
Q: What is the format of the ECAT test?
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, as well as English, are the categories in the typical ECAT format. But, English topics differ between universities. For instance, the ECAT structure that is used by UET Lahore is different than the NUST’s ECAT format.
Q: What is the ECAT marking criteria?
ECAT test takes place in the format of multiple choice questions (MCQ). Each MCQ is worth 4 marks and consists of negative marks of -1 for a wrong answer. You should complete your ECAT preparation according to the requirements so you don’t lose marks because of negative markings.
Q: Is ECAT compulsory for engineering admission in public universities?
A: Yes, the ECAT test is required for admission to engineering and computer science programs at public sector universities in Pakistan.
Q: What is the syllabus for ECAT?
A. The ECAT test covers the key concepts and principles in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English that are necessary for success in engineering and computer science programs.
Q: Can FSc pre-medical students give ECAT?
The answer is yes, FSc Pre-medical students are able to offer ECAT. FSc pre-medical students may be eligible for admission to biomedical technology and engineering. Today, FSc pre-medical students are also eligible to take this test.
Q: What are the passing marks for ECAT?
To pass ECAT 60% marks are required. To be admitted to engineering colleges, students must work hard and do their best in both the board exam and ECAT. At least 60 percent marks are needed to pass ECAT. The merit of UET is high. Therefore you must score the highest marks on ECAT to gain admission to engineering universities.
Q: How to prepare for ECAT the best?
A: To prepare for the ECAT test, candidates should review the key concepts and principles in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. They should also practice solving multiple-choice questions and writing essays on various topics.
Q: Is a calculator allowed in ECAT?
As a general rule, calculators are not usually allowed on entrance exams, although this can vary depending on the specific exam and the rules set by the exam administrators. It is always a good idea to check the rules and regulations for the exam you are taking to see if calculators are permitted.
Q: Is ECAT difficult?
Answer: ECAT is neither tricky nor easy. It requires preparation and a lot of training to perform well on ECAT. It is essential to study with total concentration. You must be able to manage stress and time in ECAT. It is possible to practice the most MCQs because practice makes perfect. If you adhere to these steps and follow these guidelines, you’ll find ECAT simple.
Q: I am a Foreign Pakistani. Can I apply for admission against seats reserved for foreign candidates?
Answer: If you’re seeking reserved seats for Children of Overseas Pakistanis then you need to provide all of the documents listed below. Proof of employment (on Formula VIII) of parents or a Guardian of the candidate in a different country provided through the Pakistani Embassy is required. A photocopy of the visa of residence from the parent/guardian of the applicant, which is certified through the Pakistani Embassy in the country.
Answer: ECAT test scores are only valid for the session during which you appeared. Once you’ve taken ECAT you are eligible to apply for the session you are interested in and for admissions to universities only.