What Is CSS exam In Pakistan is the biggest question for candidates. As Sub-Continent remained under British rule for 90 years (1858 until 1947) and in 1947, the British Government established a civil service in similarity to the civil service in the United Kingdom.
It was the Indian Civil Service (initially known as the Imperial Civil Service) that became transferred to the administration of the Sub-Continent in 1858 to ensure the implementation of the policies of Imperial Rule and the service to the general public. At first, locals weren’t permitted to compete against officers in the posts, but as time passed, they were also permitted to participate in Civil Service Exams.
Pakistan was created on 14 august 1947. In 1947, its Civil Service was created by the officers available who decided to join Pakistan which led to the creation of the Civil Service of Pakistan (CSP). It was revised and established on the 14th of August, 1971 under “Chapter I: Part XII, Article 244” in the Constitution of Pakistan which gave its constitutional and foundational status.
What Is CSS exam In Pakistan?Requirments, Syllabus, Age Limits And Salary Below
What is CSS Exam in Pakistan?
What Is CSS exam In Pakistan? CSS stands for in Pakistan central Superior Services or Civil Superior Services is an authority in the bureaucratic world that was created to handle civilian operations within the Government of Pakistan.
To recruit for CSS Positions FPSC which is also called The Federal Public Service Commission of Pakistan conducts a competitive examination each year, following Written Tests and psychological Tests as well as Panel interviews.
You can find all the information on the CSS exam, the schedule subject, eligibility fees, quotas paper time, viva papers, fee pattern of the paper, registration guidelines and syllabus, previous papers, training schedule and job scope writing test, medical exam, groups, mark divisions the required criteria, and the most recent information regarding CSS exam Date Sheet 2023 for potential applicants.
Toughest Exam in Pakistan
Is CSS Exam the toughest examination in Pakistan? Its simple answer is yes due to its very low ratio of a pass to fail.
If a candidate is chosen through this process, he/she may choose from the available Service Groups listed below.
FPSC CSS Service Groups
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Pakistan Administrative Service
- Information Services of Pakistan
- Commercial and Transport Group (Pakistan Railways)
- Postal Group
- Office Management and Secretariat Service
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
- Pakistan Customs Services
- Commerce and Trade Group
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan
- Military Lands and Cantonment Group
- Police Service of Pakistan
CSS can be described as an examination that has an infamous reputation for having a low pass rate because of its complicated test and rigorous interview procedures that are designed to screen only qualified candidates for bureaucratic positions. CSS is not just concentrated on a single topic but instead a variety of subjects to make it harder to pass. Below we’ll go over the CSS syllabus and the most important subjects.
What is the maximum number of attempts can an aspirant make?
Candidates are allowed only 3 times to sit for this exam within the age limit.
What is CSS MPT Test 2023
MPT means in CSS is MCQ base preliminary exam. Central superior service (CSS) examination, also known as MCQs or MPT tests are the screening test prior to the CSS written exam. The purpose of the MPT exam is to a selection of candidates to sit for CSS written exams. The test is compulsory and is endorsed by the Federal Cabinet of Pakistan.
|CSS MPT Syllabus FPSC 2023 For MCQ Based Preliminary Test|
|FPSC CSS MPT Original Paper 2022 Download PDF|
|FPSC CSS MPT Screening Test Result 2023 Answer Keys|
If you did not pass the CSS MPT exam then you are not eligible to apply for CSS’s written exam. To be able to sit for written examinations make sure you pass the MPT test at every opportunity.
This page is where you will be able to look up the most recent information regarding MPT tests, including syllabus, advertisements important dates, key dates, answer keys, and more. Here, you will be able to download CSS MPT test 2023 regulations and amendments which are issued by the Federal Public Service Commission.
CSS Scope in Pakistan
You are already aware that FPSC Pakistan conducts the CSS Examination. Once you have passed the CSS the Pakistani Government chooses to offer you Class 17 and above within a prestigious department. As this is a highly-paid job, the pay is greater than that of other state or private jobs in Pakistan. The degree also permits you to choose your preferred career from 12 possibilities, which include intelligence, military, and other fields.
CSS Eligibility, Who can Apply for CSS
Anyone who falls within the age group described above, and who has completed 14 years of schooling or any undergraduate degree such as a Bachelors degree with a second division, from an HEC-recognized university is eligible.
Or if the aspirant is a graduate with a Bachelors degree in 3rd division, and masters in 1st division, they are qualified to sit for the CSS Competitive Exam.
The applicant must meet the following conditions for being eligible to sit for the CSS Exam.
The Nationality Criteria
The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or a regular resident within the State of Jammu or Kashmir.
- The applicant must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 2nd division from a recognized university in Pakistan or equivalent from a recognized foreign university by HEC.
- Candidates who have the 3rd Division in their Bachelor degree may only be eligible for the test when he or she has achieved the Higher Division within the Master Degree.
- The minimum age for candidates who are applying for the CSS Exam is 21 to 30 years old.
- The limit on age is relaxed to the equivalent of two years (making 32 years the max age) for candidates currently working as government employees or a member of recognized tribes and regions. The requirements for age relaxation are listed at the bottom of the webpage.
Age Relaxation Criteria for CSS
Age relaxation criteria for CSS are given as
A candidate who is currently an employee of the government has been in the same position for at minimum 2 years. This relaxation in age will be granted to the applicant upon the basis of a Departmental Permission Certificate. Employees of Banks, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities, and autonomous organizations are not eligible for the age relaxation.
- Candidates from Scheduled Castes or Buddhist Community subject to the provision of the DCO/Political agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates from recognized tribes who reside permanently in the regions of Baluchistan and The Tribal Areas in the D.I.Khan as well as Peshawar Divisions (including the former Frontier States of Dir, Swat, Chitral, and Amb Formerly exempted (Baluch) region that is part of Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts The former tribal Areas in Mardan as well as Hazara Divisions, Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division. The student must submit a certification from the DCO/Political agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates from Azad Kashmir Territory are subject to the provisions of their certificate from the Kashmir Affairs Division; Gilgit- Baltistan comprising Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar, and Ghanche as per the terms that the document is issued by the DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Individuals who are disabled, such as physically impaired and hearing/speech impaired (deaf and dumb) as well as visually handicapped (blind) are required to submit an official disability certificate that is issued by the appropriate agency designated for the function through the Federal/ Provincial Government.
CSS Syllabus and Subject List
We provide here complete subjects syllabus for CSS in pdf here
CSS Syllabus 2023 Download Pdf| www.fpsc.gov.pk
- The written test consists of twelve (12) papers. Of which, six (6) are compulsory while the other six (6) are optional papers. Each paper has 100 marks.
- The written test is 1200 marks. From that 600 marks are reserved for mandatory papers while 600 marks are allocated to optional papers.
- The maximum time allowed for each paper is 3 hours.
- Every paper contains Part I (Objective portion) as well as Part II (Subjective portion). Part-I is written on a separate page that was returned after 30 minutes.
- The minimum marks required for the paper that is compulsory are 40%, while the optional paper it’s 33%.
- The papers that are optional must be chosen from the categories of subjects listed as per the regulations laid out in them by FPSC.
- A subject that is graded 100 marks will have one paper. In contrast, those who have 200 marks will have two papers.
- The questions on the papers that are written in Urdu as well as in other languages of the region (i.e. Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, and Balochi), Arabic, and Persian should be answered in their respective languages. However, questions on translation (from the respective language into English) on a similar paper should be answered according to the instructions in the questions.
- There will be 20 MCQs on all compulsory papers, excluding the Essay. There will be 20 MCQs in all optional papers except papers on Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics.
- The list of mandatory and optional papers is as the following:
CSS Compulsory Subjects – Total 600 Marks
Compulsory subjects are the essential subjects that CSS aspirants have to pick as mandatory that are set by FPSC.
|English Essay||100 Marks|
|English (Precis and Composition)||100 Marks|
|General Science & Ability||100 Marks|
|Current Affairs||100 Marks|
|Pakistan Affairs||100 Marks|
|Islamic Studies OR Comparative Study of Major Religions (For Non-Muslims)||100 Marks|
CSS Optional Subjects – Total 600 Marks
There are 45 possible subjects that are optional within CSS Examination. CSS Examination is divided into 6 different groups of subjects that you can select optional subjects. However, keep the fact that you are able to select subjects that are within 600 marks. We have listed all of these six groups for you, along with their marks and subject.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
Group-I: (To select one subject of (200 marks only)
|11.||Accountancy & Auditing||200|
Group-II: (To select subject(s) of 200 marks only)
Group-III: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|24.||Governance & Public Policies||100|
|25.||Town Planning & Urban Management||100|
Group-IV: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|26.||History of Pakistan & India||100|
|27.||Islamic History & Culture||100|
|30.||History of USA||100|
Group-V: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|33.||Agriculture & Forestry||100|
Group-VI: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|41.||Muslim Law & Jurisprudence||100|
Group-VII: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|45.||Journalism & Mass Communication||100|
How to Choose Optional Subjects in CSS
Many CSS candidates are confused when selecting Optional subjects to take the exam, as they don’t discuss their choices with older aspirants who have tried or passed the exam. However, after speaking with some candidates who have cleared the Competitive Examination We asked them that applicants should pick subjects they can grasp quickly.
|Best Optional Subjects For CSS 2023 Tips For Selection|
After gathering numerous opinions from previous aspirants and candidates, we have decided to list the following subjects you should choose to complete for 600 total marks.
- US History starting from the 4th Group that includes 100 markers
- Politics Science is part of Group 1. with 200 marks
- International Relations in group 1. which has 200 Marks
- The history of Pakistan and India in Group 4, with 100 marks
CSS Exam Centers In Pakistan 2023
CSS Test Centers 2023 In Pakistan Details
- Dera Ghazi Khan
CSS Exam Interview Centers
CSS Exam Pattern and Process
What Is the CSS exam In Pakistan its pattern is given here? The civil Superior Services hiring process that is managed by FPSC is split into four distinct stages
- The first stage is a CSS-written test
- The 2nd stage is the CSS Medical Test of the Candidate
- The third CSS Psychological Test will be carried out by the Candidate
- The fourth stage includes a panel Interview also known as CSS Viva Voice
CSS Written Exam Pattern
- There are 12 papers in the CSS Written Examination, and each Paper duration is 3 hours.
- Papers that are completed in any Native language such as Balochi, Sindhi, Pashto, or Punjabi are to be answered by the applicant in the same language. the rest of the papers must be addressed in the English Language.
- However, it is important to note that in the case of Islamic Studies or Comparative Subjects for Non-Muslims are to be answered in English or Urdu, or in the form of instructions printed on the paper
- Candidates will be considered to be failed for failing to attend any optional or compulsory paper, and will not be permitted to take part in any other paper.
If a candidate has completed the written test and interview, will be picked at the end of the process of examining the background of the candidate.
Also, if the person who is submitting the application is married to someone with a different nationality, the couple could be disqualified and not be able to be selected for any government position.
How to Apply for CSS Examination
CSS exam takes place during February or March each year. The advertisement for the CSS exam is announced in newspapers in September every year.
Follow the steps below for applying for the CSS Exam
- The exam fee should be deposited in the closest Govt. Treasury or State Bank of Pakistan / National Bank of Pakistan under the account heading “CO2102-Organs in the form of State Exam Fee (FPSC Receipt).
- Complete the Online Application Form’ available on the official site of FPSC. Print out a copy (hard copy) of this online form.
- Print and send the hard copy of the online form together with copies of the documents as well as a bank receipt to the FPSC headquarters in Islamabad.
- The complete application must be received by FPSC headquarters, Islamabad within 10 days of the date of closing.
Online application is mandatory for the CSS Exam. Be aware of the following tips for applying online:
- The online application will require personal information, CNIC number, bank details, the names of subjects that are optional, education details, information about previous experiences, and post preferences for the candidate.
- The applicant is required to supply all the information in a timely manner and accurately.
- After filling out the application click the button “SUBMIT” which is located at the bottom of the page.
- After you have submitted your application, you’ll be sent a confirmation email regarding your application. This email contains an ID for tracking your application.
- You can print a copy of the application you submitted by clicking “Take Printout” with the help of your CNIC number and the tracking ID of the application.
- If, after you have submitted an online application and discover that you’ve made an error in the information you provided on the online application, you must correct it on the hard copy of your application and put your signature with it.
A printout (hard copy) together with the subsequent documents must be delivered (by hand or post) at the FPSC headquarters located in Islamabad.
FPSC CSS Written Examination 2023 Apply Online| www.fpsc.gov.pk
Documents Required For CSS
- Copies of documents from the educational system (i.e. degrees and certificates ).
- Other documents that are required
- Bank receipt of deposited exam fee
- Experience certificate, if applicable
- other documents required in the advertisement.
- If an applicant has applied for age relaxation (by two years), he or she should submit the relevant certificate, duly filled in by the concerned authorities. All such certificates are available on the official website of FPSC.
Special CSS Exam as 4th Attempt
The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) has declared it will hold the Special CSS Examination will be held on May 4, 2023. The exam is regarded as the candidate’s 4th (additional) exam.
|What Is The Special CSS Exam? Complete Details|
|FPSC Special CSS Competitive Examination 2023 Online Registration Schedule|
|FPSC Special CSS MPT Exam Apply Online 2023 Last Date|
The commission took this decision on the vacant positions to be filled. had been vacant for a lengthy period of time due to a low percentage of candidates passing the primary CSS Exam.
Start CSS Preparation at Home
If you’re planning to sit for the CSS test, bear in mind that you’ll be competing against hundreds of other students. It is not difficult to pass the CSS exam if you prepare in the right manner.
The majority of students fail to not get through the CSS examination despite all their efforts because they don’t prepare in the right manner. They aren’t aware of what they need to learn and how to prepare.
The key to success is hard work but only if it’s carried out in the right direction which leads to the success you desire. We provide here methods to prepare for CSS.
How To Start CSS Preparation At Home For Beginners In Pakistan
CSS Admission Fee 2023?
Candidates are required to pay Rs.2200 as an exam fee at the closest government. State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan with the account heading “C02101-Organs of the State Exam Fee (FPSC Receipt) prior to the date of closing.
FPSC Schedule For CSS Competitive Examination-2023
Candidates are looking for the schedule for Combined Competitive Examination (CSS) 2023. The most recent news is that the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) has released the Schedule for CSS Competitive Examination 2023.
All candidates are informed that the CSS Written Examination 2023 start date is 1st February 2023. For CSS Written Test, MPT Test will be scheduled for 2 October 2022. Application for the online MCQs-based Test (MPT) will be accepted from 08 August 2022 to 22 August.
The advertisement for CSS exam papers 2023 will be released on October 30, 2022. Here is the PDF version of this CSS 2023 Advance public notice in PDF format.
Download CSS 2023 Examination Schedule
Salary of CSS in Pakistan
CSS will be a great but also challenging test in Pakistan. Government officials of Pakistan will decide who you are after the completion of this test for career development. If you’re considering CSS as an option CSS is a good idea to know that the initial salary in Pakistan is greater than 80 thousand. CSS is the perfect choice for students looking to be able to contribute to their country and gain money over a relatively short period of time.CSS jobs and Salary in Pakistan details are Given.
Contact information for the CSS exam
Contact Information For The CSS Exam In Pakistan Updated
we provide here complete contact information for css.In case of any difficulty and query, you can contact at these numbers.