The Government of Pakistan has announced that it will revive the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme under Prime Minister Youth Program. One Lac Laptops will be distributed to students in this program. The announcement was made in the presence of Shaza Fatima Khawaja who is the Special Advisor to Prime Minister for Youth Affairs.
The application deadline for the Premier Minister’s Laptop Scheme 2023 is announced. Applications can be made on or before June 20 in 2023. Students can submit the online application at PM Youth Program’s official portal at https://laptop.pmyp.gov.pk/
The Ms. Shaza Fatima highlighted that Laptop Scheme will help students to continue their education on the internet and also ease the way for them to look into the possibilities of online work all over the Globe.
PM Youth Laptop Scheme 2023 Online Registration Last Date
PM Youth Laptop Scheme 2023 Advertisement
Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme 2023
The budget of the youth PM program amounts to 150 billion. With this scheme, government gives flexible loans to youngsters to establish their own businesses. Check also Join Pak Army as Nurse AFNS 2023.
The Prime Minister’s Special Assistant to Youth Fatima Khwaja unveiled the scheme for distribution of laptops by PM 2023. The full details of this scheme are presented within this piece. Take a look for all the details as well as the process for registering in order to be eligible in the PM Laptop Scheme 2023.
PM Laptop Scheme Online Registration 2023 Last Date
The deadline when you can register on the internet is 20 June 2023.
PM Laptop Scheme Eligibility Criteria 2023
Students must enroll no before the end of their duration of the program, as per the following table:
- The applicant should have an authentic CNIC/B-Form number.
- You must be a current student by the date of closing for submission of applications i.e. December 31 2022.
Students who are enrolled until December 31, 2022 but not before the duration of their respective programs in accordance with the following table:
|Degree Name||Duration||Date of Admission||End Date|
|MS/ MPhil or Equivalent||2 Years||31-Dec-20||31-Dec-22|
|Master’s (16 years)||2 Years||31-Dec-20||31-Dec-22|
Students studying at public sector universities or Degree Awarding Institutes acknowledged as such by HEC (Except Distance learning).
- Students at Ph.D./ MS/ MPhil or similar 18-year programs.
- Students in a 4-year or 5 year bachelor’s degree program (morning or evening).
- Students in the MBA program (3.5 year, 2.5 years, or 1.5 year).
Ineligible Condition For Students
- Students who are enrolled in any private higher education institution (HEI).
- Students who are enrolled in any of the government degree and postgraduate college as well as affiliated colleges.
- Students who have been provided with laptops through some Federal and Provincial Government scheme.
- Foreign nationals, with the exception of student students of AJK.
- Students who are not listed in the in the criteria for eligibility and/or determined to be eligible by the Steering/Technical Committee.
- If a student has not registered online, or if their application hasn’t been accepted through the portal online.
- The qualification for the laptop award will be established during the process of award distribution. If a student(s) did not produce the required documentation and proof of academic achievement, in accordance with the information that makes him/her eligible for a laptop, then hewill not be granted the laptop.
- Any student who has completed their degree prior to the laptop disbursement.
Laptop Distribution Strategy/Selection criteria
- If a student has made an application through the internet (before closing date) via on the HEC online portal The system will then filter the students who are eligible and those who are not.
- A Focal Person of the department concerned will verify the student’s details via their online focal person account, including Name Department, CNIC, Name Degree Level, last exam percentage/CGPA, etc.
- The sole responsibility for verification lies with the University Focal Person.
- Any discrepancy discovered in the student’s records will be rectified to correct the issue following the acquisition of students’ records through the Institute or directly from the students themselves.
- The person in charge, based on the type of application, is able to approve or confirm the applicant or correct the mistake within the specified timeframe.
- Each Institute will be provided with a part of laptops, based on an established quote, as described in the merit and eligibility criteria.
- After when the time limit for verification by HEC is over the automated process will be run by the system to create merit-lists for each of the Universities that are verified by HEC.
- Then HEC will release the interim merit list with institutes for cross-checking institutes, and they will check and respond within 15 days.
- Following the removal of any discrepancies from the preliminary merit list, if there are any, HEC will share the final merit list with the Institutes according to the merit list.
- Every Institute has to display this list in their notice board, website or Social Media page with a time frame for distribution.
- Similar to the Final Merit Lists, they will be posted through an online portal where all students and the general public can see the merit status of every person.
PM Laptop Distribution Criteria
The distribution criteria are identified in the following manner:
- Laptops will be awarded on merit for every programme of study (Ph.D., MS/M.Phil. and 16 years of schooling).
- The percentage will be determined by the number of students in the university, as well as the laptop’s quota per level will be established (i.e. the University Quota, Campus Quota, Degree program Quota Department Quota and years-wise distribution).
- According to the directives of the PM office, Balochistan HEI’s quota has been set i.e. 14 percent (14,000 laptops) are to be provided to Balochistan HEI. (Note that students from Balochistan’s accredited institutions will be accommodated in the quota allocated to them).
- The remaining laptops will be distributed between public sector HEIs according to their preferences for enrollment
PM Laptop Scheme Eligible Universities
Students across the nation that are enrolled in one of these universities can apply. The applications will be reviewed and those who are highly skilled will receive their PM Laptop. List of Universities as follows.
|Region||Name of University|
|AJ&K||The University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad|
|AJ&K||Mirpur University of Science and Technology (MUST), Mirpur|
|AJ&K||The University of Poonch, Rawalakot, AJK|
|AJ&K||The Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering & Management Sciences, Quetta|
|AJ&K||University of Kotli, AJK|
|Balochistan||Balochistan University of Engg & Technology, Khuzdar|
|Balochistan||Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering & Management Sciences, Quetta|
|Balochistan||University of Balochistan, Quetta|
|Balochistan||Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University, Quetta|
|Balochistan||Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Uthal, District Lasbela|
|Balochistan||University of Turbat, Turbat|
|Balochistan||University of Loralai, Loralai|
|Balochistan||Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences, Quetta|
|Balochistan||Mir Chakar Khan Rind University, Sibi|
|Balochistan||University of Gwadar|
|Federal||Bahria University, Islamabad|
|Federal||International Islamic University, Islamabad|
|Federal||National University of Modern Languages, (NUML) Islamabad|
|Federal||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad|
|Federal||COMSATS University, Islamabad|
|Federal||National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad|
|Federal||Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad|
|Federal||Air University, Islamabad|
|Federal||Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad|
|Federal||National Defence University, Islamabad|
|Federal||Pakistan Institute of Development of Economics (PIDE), Islamabad|
|Federal||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, (SZABMU), Islamabad|
|Federal||National University of Medical Sciences, Islamabad|
|Federal||National University of Technology (NUTECH), Islamabad|
|Federal||National Skills University, Islamabad|
|Federal||Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology, Karachi|
|Federal||Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore|
|Federal||Health Services Academy (HSA) Islamabad|
|GB||Karakurum International University, Gilgit-Baltistan|
|GB||University of Baltistan, Skardu|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women’s University, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Gomal University, D.I. Khan|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Hazara University, Mansehra|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Institute of Management Sciences, (IM Sciences), Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||The Islamia College, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Khyber Medical University, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||The University of Agriculture, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Engineering. & Technology, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Malakand, Malakand|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Peshawar, Peshawar|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Science & Technology, Bannu|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Swat, Swat|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Haripur, Haripur|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Bacha Khan University, Charsadda|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Swabi, Swabi|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Women University, Swabi|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Abbottabad University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abbottabad|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Shuhada-e-Army Public School, University of Technology, Nowshera|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Women University Mardan, Mardan|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Women’s University, Swabi|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||The University of Lakki Marwat|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Buner|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of Chitral, Chitral|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Haripur|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||The University of Agriculture, D. I. Khan|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||University of FATA|
|Punjab||NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology, Multan|
|Punjab||National College of Arts (NCA), Lahore|
|Punjab||National Textile University, Faisalabad|
|Punjab||Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi|
|Punjab||Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi|
|Punjab||Rawalpindi Women’s University, Rawalpindi|
|Punjab||Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi|
|Punjab||Fatima Jinnah Women’s University, Rawalpindi|
|Punjab||Kohsar University, Murree|
|Punjab||Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan|
|Punjab||The Islamia University of Bahawalpur|
|Punjab||University of Agriculture (UAF), Faisalabad|
|Punjab||University of Engineering and Technology Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Education, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of the Punjab, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore|
|Punjab||Government College University (GCU), Lahore|
|Punjab||Lahore College for Women University, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Health Sciences, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Sargodha, Sargodha|
|Punjab||Government College Women University, Faisalabad|
|Punjab||Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Gujrat, Gujrat|
|Punjab||King Edward Medical University, Lahore|
|Punjab||Government College University, Faisalabad|
|Punjab||The Women University, Multan|
|Punjab||Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan|
|Punjab||Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan|
|Punjab||Government College Women University, Sialkot|
|Punjab||Information Technology University of the Punjab, Lahore|
|Punjab||Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology, Rahim Yar Khan|
|Punjab||Government Sadiq College Women University, Bahawalpur|
|Punjab||Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Engineering & Technology, Multan|
|Punjab||Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore|
|Punjab||Nishtar Medical University, Multan|
|Punjab||Punjab Tianjin University of Technology , Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Okara|
|Punjab||University of Sahiwal, Sahiwal|
|Punjab||Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur|
|Punjab||University of Narowal, Narowal|
|Punjab||Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad|
|Punjab||University of Home Economics, Lahore|
|Punjab||University of Mianwali, Mianwali|
|Punjab||University of Chakwal, Chakwal|
|Punjab||University of Jhang, Jhang|
|Punjab||Mir Chakar Khan Rind University of Technology, Dera Ghazi Khan|
|Punjab||Punjab University of Technology, Rasul-Mandi Bahauddin|
|Punjab||Emerson University, Multan|
|Sindh||Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (LUMHS), Jamshoro|
|Sindh||Mehran University of Engg. & Technology, Jamshoro|
|Sindh||NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi|
|Sindh||Quaid-e-Awam University of Engineering, Science & Technology, Nawabshah|
|Sindh||Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur|
|Sindh||Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam|
|Sindh||University of Karachi, Karachi|
|Sindh||University of Sindh, Jamshoro|
|Sindh||Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi|
|Sindh||Institute of Business Administration, Karachi|
|Sindh||Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU), Larkana|
|Sindh||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari, Karachi|
|Sindh||Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Shaheed Benazir Abad|
|Sindh||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad (Nawabshah)|
|Sindh||Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi|
|Sindh||Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi|
|Sindh||Gambat Institute of Medical Sciences, Khairpur|
|Sindh||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law, Karachi|
|Sindh||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary And Animal Sciences, Sakrand|
|Sindh||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University of Technology & Skill Development, Khairpur Mirs|
|Sindh||University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhitshah|
|Sindh||Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur|
|Sindh||Government College University, Hyderabad|
|Sindh||Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi|
|Sindh||Begum Nusrat Bhutto Women University, Sukkur|
|Sindh||The Sindh Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Karachi|
|Sindh||Aror University of Art, Architecture, Design and Heritage, Sukkur|
How to Apply for PM Youth Laptop Scheme 2023
Register online on your Prime Minister Youth Program Portal at www.pmyp.gov.pk. The last day for registration is June 20, 2023.
PM Laptop Scheme 2023 Online Registration
- If your institute or university is registered, you are able to proceed with the online registration
- Click on this link https://laptop.pmyp.gov.pk/verifyregistration.php
- You must enter the 13-digit CNIC number with no dashes. Only your personal CNIC can be used. Don’t enter a relatives’ CNIC number if you are not sure, or it could result in exclusion.
- Enter Captcha and click Submit button.
How to Check Your Application Status
After you have submitted your application, you can verify the status of your application.
- Select Phase ( 2023-2024)
- University City & University
- Select the campus and department
- Select the degree or year of study.
- Click on the filter results
Benefits of Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme 2023
The Premier Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme 2023 offers numerous advantages to the candidates selected. Through the provision of laptops, the government hopes to help students to access resources for their education as well as conduct research and develop their digital capabilities.
- Students can submit online assignments.
- They can Search Assignment Topics.
- Students can also take online Lectures.
- They can Make Research Papers.
- They can Write Articles.
- Students can complete online tasks.
- They may attend online sessions with their mentors and leaders.
Laptops are now a vital tool for learning, and could greatly impact the learning process of students. In this scheme students who are eligible can get laptops at no cost that can aid in their academic and personal growth.
Who is eligible for the Prime Minister laptop scheme?
Students taking part in Postgraduate and Graduate programs at the universities listed have the right to submit an application.
Is the Pakistan Government giving free laptops?
Yes, under the The Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023, 1 million laptops will be free distributed among students who are talented.
How to apply Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023?
Apply online via this portal www.pmyp.gov.pk.
The prime minister’s youth Laptop Scheme 2023 is a admirable initiative taken by Pakistan’s government Pakistan to increase digital literacy and support the education of youngsters. By offering laptops at no cost the scheme hopes to reduce the digital gap and provide students with the right tools to achieve academic success.
Individuals interested in applying can apply online through the official website. It is essential to be aware of the deadline to apply to ensure that you are included in this valuable program. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity and help empower the youth of Pakistan by implementing The Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme 2023.